2019-10-06 18:15:40


Hot Issue





send twitter 페이스북으로 보내기 Send to Me2 send to yuzum 싸이월드 공감
Zoom up Zoom Out Scrap E mail Print
Date [ 2014-02-28, 09:49 ]

After a sluggish start, things are picking up for this southern economic corridor.

(Kuala Lumpur=Koreanpress) RamaniRathir = The investment pace in Iskandar Malaysia continues to gain momentum. For the period of 2006 to December 2013, Iskandar Malaysia managed to secure a total cumulative committed investment of RM131.64 billion as compared with RM106.31 billion for the period of 2006 to December 2012, an increase of 23.83%. Out of the RM131.64 billion cumulative committed investment, a total of RM56.32 billion or 43% has been realized to-date.

Investment Updates

In terms of investment breakdown,  manufacturing  contributed the bulk of the total investment of RM46.32 billion or 36%, followed by residential properties of RM33.25 billion or 25% and utilities of RM12.64 billion or 10%.

Local investors continued to dominate investment in Iskandar Malaysia with total cumulative investments of RM84.62 billion or 64% of the total cumulative investment of RM131.64 billion. The remaining 36% or RM47.02 billion were foreign investments.

Singapore remains the top foreign investor in Iskandar Malaysia with a total cumulative investment of approximately RM11 billion, followed by Spain and the USA of RM4.1 billion and RM3.9 billion respectively.

Singapore seems to gravitate into committed investments in the industrial, healthcare, tourism and property sectors.

Key projects from Singapore are the Vantage Bay integrated development, which include the Thomson Hospital, Fastrack Motorsports City, Ascendas Industrial Park and tow international schools – the Excelsior and Pegasus

Interestingly, investments from USA which are mainly in the manufacturing sector surged ahead from a cumulative investments of RM770 million in 2012 to RM3.98 billion in 2013. The investments from the USA include Hersheys, investing RM800 million in a state-of-the-art chocolate factory in Senai.


For 2013, Iskandar Malaysia witnessed few private or public educational institutions been officiated and opening its door for students.  However, among the institutions that completed construction, officiated and commenced operations are:

•Marlborough College Malaysia
•Southampton University (USMC)
•UiTM, Seri Alam
•Malaysia Art School
•Excelsior International School
•University of Reading
•Raffles American School
•MDIS (groundbreaking ceremony)

Marlborough College Malaysia had its opening ceremony officiated by HRH Raja Zarith Sofia, consort to HRH Sultan of Johor on February 2013.
From 370 students in year 2012, MCM has an enrolment of 600 students in 2013, many of whom are children of expatriates based in Singapore.
Andrew Newey, Chief Technical Officer of the Red Bull Racing Team officiated the opening of the campus of USMC in March 2013.


The private healthcare landscape in Iskandar Malaysia is fast transforming to be a vibrant healthcare hub. The year 2013 saw the opening of the Econ Medicare Centre in Taman Perling (private nursing home), PasirGudangSpe-cialist Hospital in PasirGudang, Landmark Medical Centre in Johor Bahru City Centre as well as DB Medical Suites in AfiatHealthpark in Nusajaya.

Malaysia's Prime Minister NajibTunRazak and Singapore's Prime Minister Lee HsienLoong jointly launched AfinitiMedini, the urban wellness project, and Avira, the resort wellness project, both of which will be located in Medini, Iskandar Malaysia.

These two projects are under the Iconic Wellness Projects under the Joint Ministerial Committee, a Government-to-Government initiative between Malaysia and Singapore. Wellness, whose core product offering of AfinitiMedini and Avira, is in response to the growing demandby Malaysians and others, in achieving a well-balanced life.

AfinitiMedini, the urban wellness project, will be a regional destination for families, tourists and professionals who look to combine wellness, shopping, retail and hospitality as well as corporate training needs, in a holistic package and experience.

Avira, which is a resort wellness project, will provide residents a retreat-like lifestyle experience all year round.  Situated in a 210-acre development, the whole project is surrounded by lush greenery and tropical coolness.

On top of that, working collaboration between IRDA and JabatanKesihatanNegeri Johor with the setting up the IM Healthcare One Stop Centre (OSC) to facilitate catalytic healthcare and wellness facilities in Iskandar Malaysia is another major upgrading for Iskandar Malaysia.


Copyright(c) by Koreanpress All Rights Reserved. selva Other news
[Related News]
- No related news.
send twitter 페이스북으로 보내기 Send to Me2 send to yuzum 싸이월드 공감
Zoom up Zoom out Scrap E mail Print
Content Empathy
- No written comments.
The ISCA on Budget 2014 (2014-03-12 05:35:37)
Malaysia’s Challenges for 2014 (2014-02-27 06:00:15)